SkillsIQ, under the direction of the Children’s Education and Care Industry Reference Committee (IRC), has completed a project to update the Qualifications and associated Skill Sets and Units of Competency which cater to this sector. This update continued from previous work in response to the 2015 Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) Strategic Review, Training for early childhood education and care in Australia. The ASQA findings and broader issues relate to the Children’s Education and Care Qualifications and Units of Competency contained in the CHC Training Package.
The following updated Qualifications, Skill Sets and Units of Competency, with Companion Volume Implementation Guides, are now published on training.gov.au.
- CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC50221 Diploma of School Age Education and Care
- CHC30221 Certificate III in School Based Education Support
- CHC40221 Certificate IV in School Based Education Support.
The CHC40113 Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care was also considered as part of this project. This Qualification has been endorsed for deletion by 30 June 2022, when it is expected that an accredited course currently under development, Certificate III in Out of School Hours Care, will be available for implementation.