The Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) is pleased to advise that nominations are now open for membership of the Aged Services IRC.
The Aged Services IRC will be responsible for:
- reforming national training package qualifications and skill sets needed by the aged services industry
- examining new approaches to career structuring and progression in the sector, and the education pathways needed to support these
- scoping opportunities for collaboration across vocational education and training (VET), higher education and a range of industry sectors to tackle the challenges of an ageing society
- working with other IRCs which have an interest in qualifications relevant to the aged services sector to ensure industry needs are considered and met.
Three positions are open to nomination for:
- a skills and competencies and/or profession based organisation with expertise in mental health
- a skills and competencies and/or profession based organisation with expertise in assistive technologies
- an independent / aligned aged care services provider.
Information and instructions on how to nominate are provided at https://www.aisc.net.au/irc/aged-care-industry-reference-committee. The closing date for nominations of the Aged Services IRC is COB Tuesday, 24 July 2018.