Welcome to the NSW Community Services and Health Industry Training Advisory Body
The key training and assessment information resource hub for the community services and health industry sectors.
Latest News and Events...
The Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) is pleased to advise that nominations are now open for membership of the Aged Services IRC.
The Aged Services IRC will be responsible for:
- reforming national training package qualifications and skill sets needed by the aged services industry
- examining new approaches to career structuring and progression in the sector, and the education pathways needed to support these
- scoping opportunities for collaboration across vocational education and training (VET), higher education and a range of industry sectors to tackle the challenges of an ageing society
- working with other IRCs which have an interest in qualifications relevant to the aged services sector to ensure industry needs are considered and met.
Three positions are open to nomination for:
- a skills and competencies and/or profession based organisation with expertise in mental health
- a skills and competencies and/or profession based organisation with expertise in assistive technologies
- an independent / aligned aged care services provider.
Information and instructions on how to nominate are provided at https://www.aisc.net.au/irc/aged-care-industry-reference-committee. The closing date for nominations of the Aged Services IRC is COB Tuesday, 24 July 2018.
Plan now to join us in 2018 for our Community Services and Health Assessor Network. First established in 2006, the network has continued to meet the needs of trainers and assessors by providing the opportunity for professional conversation addressing current VET and training packages requirements and the challenges to achieve best practice outcomes in training and assessing.
The Assessor Network will meet 4 times a year from 10am –12:30pm.
2018 dates are:
Tuesday 20 February
Thursday 3 May
Tuesday 7 August
Thursday 18 October
NSW Family Day Care Assn, Lv 1, 1 Sloane Street, Summer Hill
The Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) recently launched an interactive, user-friendly search tool to help people find out when training package work is scheduled for their industry. Read more.
Minister for Education and Training Senator Simon Bimingham has announced the release of the Early Childhood Resource Hub to support early childhood education and care students. The Hub provides access to over 300 digital resources, videos, forums and e-bulletins, indexed to the National Quality Framework all in one easy place.
For further information and to access the Hub please visit www.ecrh.edu.au
What Works for LLN is funded under the Workplace English Language and Literacy (WELL) Program by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training. This online library includes videos for VET trainers, managers and workplace supervisors. The videos support the delivery of LLN units from the TAE training package and provide professional development opportunities for RTOs.
What Works for LLN… click here.
NSW CSH ITAB acknowledges the NSW Department of Industry contribution and values the ongoing partnership with Training Services NSW.