Welcome to the NSW Community Services and Health Industry Training Advisory Body
The key training and assessment information resource hub for the community services and health industry sectors.
Latest News and Events...
SkillsIQ, under the direction of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Worker Industry Reference Committee (IRC), has prepared a Case for Change detailing changes required to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Worker training package products, packaged within the Health Training Package, to ensure they are reflective of contemporary industry skills needs.
An engagement paper was circulated during November and December 2017 that asked for feedback on issues within the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Worker sector.
The findings of the project’s research and consultation have informed the development of a Draft Case for Change. There are a number of gaps identified in this Case for Change and in some areas new Units of Competency have been recommended to address these gaps. It is initially anticipated that there will be 18 new Units of Competency to address these gaps.
The VET qualifications that are to be considered for inclusion in the Case for Change are:
- HLT20113 Certificate II in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- HLT30113 Certificate III in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- HLT40113 Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- HLT40213 Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care Practice
- HLT50113 Diploma of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- HLT50213 Diploma of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care Practice
- HLT60113 Advanced Diploma of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Health Care.
Please click here to access the draft Case for Change and register your feedback. Feedback is open until close of business on Thursday 14 June 2018.
For more information please contact Alex Cook at email@example.com
Plan now to join us in 2018 for our Community Services and Health Assessor Network. First established in 2006, the network has continued to meet the needs of trainers and assessors by providing the opportunity for professional conversation addressing current VET and training packages requirements and the challenges to achieve best practice outcomes in training and assessing.
The Assessor Network will meet 4 times a year from 10am –12:30pm.
2018 dates are:
Tuesday 20 February
Thursday 3 May
Tuesday 7 August
Thursday 18 October
NSW Family Day Care Assn, Lv 1, 1 Sloane Street, Summer Hill
The Hills Parramatta Region of the ACE has again collaborated with The Teachers’ Guild of NSW and MWLP (Work Placement Provider) to present the cross-sectoral 2018 VET in Schools Forum – following the much appreciated 2017 Forum – to be held at Trinity Grammar School, Summer Hill, in the last week of Term 2.
The opening address at the Forum will be provided by The Hon Karen Andrews MP, Assistant Minister for Vocational Education and Skills. This will be followed by: skillsonetv CEO; Brian Wexham; and David Collins, Executive Director, Training Services, NSW Department of Industry. Other speakers include
• Robyn Pemberton – Leader, VET Programs for Secondary Students, NSW Department of Education
• Darryl Buchanan – Head of Services, Association of Independent Schools NSW
• Gerard Delany – Coordinator Vocational Education, Catholic Schools NSW
• Gayatri Mahesh – Manager Regulatory Operations, ASQA NSW, and
• Catherine Tucker – Inspector Vocational Education, NESA.
There will also be informative and inspiring workshops from
• Hospitality and Construction industries – with corporate executive chef, Adam Moore; and the Master Builders’ Association
• HSC markers
• VET school student award winners, and
• Rochelle Dowley, Department of Education, Manager of School Based Apprenticeships and Traineeships.
For more information and tickets please visit the Australian College of Educators website
The 2018 VET in Schools Forum Program can be found here
The Australian Industry and Skills Committee (AISC) recently launched an interactive, user-friendly search tool to help people find out when training package work is scheduled for their industry. Read more.
Minister for Education and Training Senator Simon Bimingham has announced the release of the Early Childhood Resource Hub to support early childhood education and care students. The Hub provides access to over 300 digital resources, videos, forums and e-bulletins, indexed to the National Quality Framework all in one easy place.
For further information and to access the Hub please visit www.ecrh.edu.au
What Works for LLN is funded under the Workplace English Language and Literacy (WELL) Program by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training. This online library includes videos for VET trainers, managers and workplace supervisors. The videos support the delivery of LLN units from the TAE training package and provide professional development opportunities for RTOs.
What Works for LLN… click here.
NSW CSH ITAB acknowledges the NSW Department of Industry contribution and values the ongoing partnership with Training Services NSW.